Schultz Collins, Inc. [SC] is a ten-person San Francisco investment advisory firm that assists clients in building prudent, diversified, low-cost, financial portfolios. We measure and report on portfolio results in terms of client-specific goals. SC utilizes an array of sophisticated software applications, custom-designed analytics, and electronic communication systems, to monitor, evaluate, and report to both individual and institutional clients. We currently offer the following opportunity to a qualified student/candidate.
Company Goal: To familiarize SC’s intern with the resources, systems, operational requirements, and administrative tasks on a basic level. Our hope is that the internship would lead to a full-time position.
The initial stage entails ‘learning-tasks-from-the-ground-up’ in the capacity of a part-time administrative assistant. Duties include scanning and filing; document-library management; co-ordination of client mailings; receptionist & phone tasks; and providing support and backup to our Portfolio Accountant and Portfolio Administrator.
- Answer phones, greet visitors and clientele.
- Sort incoming mail; scan and index important documents.
- Coordinate and fulfill mailing programs (this will include printing, binding, and mailing reports and other correspondence).
- Electronic document filing.
- Word-processing, periodic desktop publishing, and spreadsheet (Excel) projects.
- Update client and vendor databases and CRM.
- Some basic invoicing and billing as necessary to support accounting department.
What you will learn:
- Improved oral and written communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with standard CRM databases.
- Time management skills; ability to focus on tasks; organizational skills.
- Ability to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with tasks ‘as required’ in addition to ‘as defined.’
- Prior experience as receptionist/administrative assistant is helpful.
Initial Work Schedule and Compensation:
- Approximately 15 to 20-hours per week; specific hours are a function of SC’s business needs and class schedules.
- Compensation is a function of candidate skills. SC envisions an hourly rate in the $20 to $30 range for an internship period of six months to one year
All intern candidates will be asked to complete a brief essay during the interview process. Good speaking and writing skills are paramount.
Objectives: In addition to inserting yourself into an “earn-while-you-learn” process, you will:
- Acquaint yourself with the basic structure of our firm;
- Gain initial insight into the nature and scope of the investment advisory profession (vendors, custodians, practitioners, etc.);
- Familiarize yourself with a broad range of resources including software applications, on-line tools, and data bases.
At the conclusion of your internship, should you wish to develop a career at Schultz Collins, we hope to be able to offer a full-time position with a more in-depth involvement with company operations. Depending your interests and capabilities; and, of course, on business needs, SC would benefit from intelligent analysis and recommendations with respect to a number of critical functional areas many of which are currently handled by firm principals and associates. An outline of the career position will be available to qualified candidates at their request.
To apply for this opportunity, please send resume to:
Please, no phone calls or fax transmissions.